What’s the link?

By Georgina Stone on Monday, October 16, 2017 in Science. 16 Comments

A beaker on a silk scarf.

A variety of materials

Newtonmetres

What’s the link between these images?

Tell me what your thoughts are and the reasons behind them. I look forward to reading them.

Miss Stone

Get a Trackback link

• Cayenne+Ollie 6 SW says:

I think the link is we make a race car that can pull the silk scarf from under the beaker creating sliding friction. The measures how strong the pull is with the Newton metres.

• Holly Martin says:

I think the link between these things are racing cars because all these items seem to be the equipment you would use to make racing cars. I think the Newtometres are to mesure the beaker or materialsand the beaker and silk are to move the racing cars and the materials are to make the racing cars.

• Beth and Lola 6SW says:

We think that the beaker on the silk cloth creates a sliding friction ,Then the materials make a car that uses sliding friction .And the car could carry weights and the Newtonmeters measure how much the. Car carriedand the whole experiment could be an competition

• Henry Rehan Elson says:

I think the link is that the variety of materials picture is the resources for the racing cars on Friday and we are going to measure it by using the Newtonmetres.

• Aaila 6SW says:

I think that the link between these three pieces of equipment could be that they could be to do with the racing cars and that the newton Meters could be used to measure something.

• Sophia 6SW says:

I think the link is we’re going to build race cars with all the materials and measure the cars with Newtonmetres. Next I think we are going to do the experiment with the silk scarf but instead with the race cars.

• Max 6sw says:

I think that we are going to make cars out of the matirials and then weighit,and I think we are going to put something in the beeka to make it move.

• Louisa 6SW says:

I think the link between these materials is to do with an experiment.This experiment could be to do with the racing cars and sliding friction and what works best.

• Max 6sw says:

I think that we are going to make cars out of the materials and then weight and I think we are going to put something in the beaker to make it move.

• Gabrielle and Izzy says:

We think the link is that we will be making a car out of the materials then we will place it on the silk-just like the beaker- and we will pull the silk quickly (we will be measuring the pull using Newtonmetres) and see if the car stays on the table.

We hope we are correct – Gabby & Izzy 🙂

• Isabelle Sargeant says:

I think these images are all to do with an experiment Mrs Stone has mentiond-racing cars.I think this experiment is going to be about sliding friction. I’m not sure what the Newtonmeter is for but I predict it’s for measuring the objects were using to create friction.

• Skye-Rose and Emma says:

We think that the objects all link up to the race cars we are making on friday because there is a wheel and resources would used to make a race car . The Newtonmetre could measure the weight of it and the beaker and the silk is to do with friction of the race car going across the floor at speed.

• Joseph R 6sw says:

I think we will be doing the same thing we did on monday but with a certain amount of water and see the results.

• Holly J and Lucy J says:

We think the link is gravity because the Newtonmetres use gravity to pull the weight down to mesure how much it weighs. We also think that the silk sheet and beaker are linked to gravity because when you pull the silk sheet from under the beaker then gravity keeps it on the table. The materials are linked to gravity because if you made them into a racing car then gravity helps it stay on the ground.

• Ryan Cottrill 6SW says:

I think we are going to make race cars with the materials because there are wheels and cardboard, then I think we are going to mesure the mass of the car using the newtonmetres and I think the beaker and silk that Mrs Spinks used created sliding friction, and when you move the race car across the table that also creates friction between the car wheels and the table, so there is a link.

• Miss Mattocks says:

I think Cayenne and Ollie are onto something Miss Stone. But can anyone tell me what you mean by ‘sliding friction?’